ENVIRO/Flow HAL-40 (HAL-40) is a medium – high viscosity hot air solder leveling flux designed
to assure rapid and complete soldering of printed wiring boards processed through Argus TM
vertical hot air leveling equipment. HAL-40 will remove light copper oxides, deposit a non-evaporating
protective film on the copper to minimize copper reoxidation prior to solder leveling, maximize
solder wetting of the copper by reducing the surface tension at the copper/solder interface,
and enhance the reflectivity of the solder finish. Additionally, HAL-40 will reduce solder adhesion to
the laminate and/or soldermask, minimizing solder tailings and/or webbing sometimes encountered
during hot air leveling. HAL-40 is COMPLETELY water soluble, low foaming, free rinsing, and contains
no glycol ethers, solvents, or activators which could attack solder mask or the laminate “buttercoat”.
- ENVIRO/Flow HAL-40 removes copper oxides and deposits a non-evaporative film over the copper resulting in a stable, clean solderable copper surface.
- ENVIRO/Flow HAL-40 reduces the surface tension at the copper/solder interface resulting in excellent solder coverage and appearance free of solder tailings or solder webbing.
- ENVIRO/Flow HAL-40 is completely water soluble and free rinsing.
- ENVIRO/Flow HAL-40 is a low acid formulation minimizing equipment wear.
- ENVIRO/Flow HAL-40 does not contain glycol ethers or activators which could attack soldermask or laminate.