Electra ED5500 Series Carbon Conductor Pastes
The ED5500 series is a range of screen printable, conductive carbon filled polymer pastes, of varying resistivities, designed to replace gold plating on copper edge connectors and keypad contacts and for printing conductive tracks. They are available in a range of different resistivities to suit different requirements and can be used for power and signal applications.
They are designed to eliminate the problems and costs associated with selective nickel/gold electroplating whilst maintaining a corrosion free conductive surface. They can also be used for printing crossover linkages on circuit boards as an alternative to jumper wires or through hole plating.
ED5500 series provide a corrosion resistance comparable to gold, a durable surface to withstand manyi nsertions and contacts and a surface hardness and contact resistance which equals or exceeds that of gold plating. They eliminate the costs associated with the need to protect gold plated areas during the commonly used soldering operations such as wave soldering and hot air solder leveling.
Features and Advantages
- Economical: ED5500 is an economical alternative to expensive processes such as Gold or through hole plating and materials such as silver filled polymer pastes.
- Highly Conductive: ED5500 has a typical sheet resistance of 1 -20W® depending on the product used. Contact resistance values meet industry standards and are typically 0.05 – 5W depending on the product used.
- Wear Resistance: ED5500 will withstand more than 1 million hits with 200g force.
- Crossovers: ED5500 is suitable for printing crossover connections on circuit boards, eliminating the need for jumper wires or through hole plating.
- Corrosion Resistant: ED5500 withstands fluxes associated with wave- soldering or hot air solder levelling without softening or loss of adhesion and does not require protection before soldering.
Other Electra Products
Click on Images to View Products